The Coronado Club, Houston’s premiere city club is in search of a motivated, highly-skilled, technically diverse & current with market practices professional to lead the Club’s events program as its Banquet Chef.
The Club, located in the heart of the downtown business district, is comprised of highly respected local and national business leaders that have played a vital role in the city’s development since founded in 1957. Throughout the clubs distinguished history it remains a bastion of strength and financial stability in the community. Club membership is respected for their high standards and business ethics. Club facilities, services and personnel are highly regarded. Club employees enjoy a dynamic work environment committed to excellence while providing a work-life balance that is rare in the hospitality industry.
Club facilities are impressive offering various private and member dining venues for a la carte dining; business meetings and hosting distinguished events. These services are primarily offered Monday – Friday, a periodic Saturday, and closed on all major holidays. Club foodservice is scratch production, progressive in its offerings and led by a nationally regarded Executive Chef. Lunches are the busiest meal period serving up to 200 covers. Annual Food & Beverage sales are $2M. 65% of all sales are generated in banquets. Simply put the club bustles while producing the highest quality cuisine. Please visit the clubs website http://www.coronadoclub.com/
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and a team player; career minded detail-oriented and capable of producing the diversity required in a traditional club with progressive palates. Essential Expectations, Accountabilities and Attitude include:
- Assisting Exec. Chef with development of all banquet menus and recipe standardization
- Costing of all recipes in existing in-house software systems
- Daily banquet production and execution with the assistance of 3 banquet cooks
- Meat and seafood ordering assuring highest standards and production accuracy
- Menu training of wait staff complete with standardized menu items, recipes and training regiments
- Strong a la carte skills preferred in order to effectively assist other departments
- Training and mentoring of banquet team
- Spear head weekly food and beverage meetings with applicable kitchen personnel, events coordinator and key front of the house managers
- Primary voice and face of banquet department
- Polished communication, leadership skills and relationship sense necessary to offer direction to the banquet team including its Catering Director, Banquet Managers and FOH team.
- Creative research and development of new ideas for banquets
- Production – minded presence key to success for this working banquet chef
- Must have schedule flexibility and willingness to work both AM/PM shifts; MOST weekends and holidays are CLOSED
- Strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing