The Club – Is an important part of Pittsburgh’s history for more than a century. Allegheny Country Club is a private, member-owned, and family friendly country club with extensive sport, recreational, and social activities. With a sustained commitment to excellence, members of all ages enjoy outstanding facilities and programming in a setting rich with tradition, inspiring the formation of enduring friendships. Food service and social programming is one of the most important aspects of the Club’s culture. The Club is seeking a well-rounded and technically-diverse Executive Sous Chef for immediate placement.
The position requires an engaged culinary professional, who is hands-on and capable of working closely with Club’s recently promoted Executive Chef. The position requires someone equally strong at a la carte services, banquets, purchasing and managing production with an engaged, culturally-diverse culinary team.
Expectations, Core Experiences & Competencies and Expectations
- This position will help to advance procedures, standards and culinary culture, assuring quality of products and services provided to members in all dining areas. Events and a la carte dining are key services to the membership!
- The Club will hire a professional with leadership qualities; preferably a senior sous chef, chef de cuisine at a reputable club and/or resort with well-rounded and diverse restaurant experiences and sound knowledge of banquet production.
- Able to follow the longstanding traditions of the Club and a culinary team with longevity.
- Accountable, responsible, efficient, and a willingness to partner with the Executive Chef pushing culinary culture into something truly dynamic.
- Systems and solutions orientated; Proven business sense.
- Ability to lead team and develop staff. Work stations as needed, and forge trust, respect and cohesiveness.
- Willingness to work the hours required and with presence.
Salary and Benefits
Allegheny Country Club is highly regarded for developing and retaining a solid team, making this a highly desirable position. This position is viewed as a final finishing position prior to earning an Executive Chef position in future years. As such, the right professional must be dedicated to career, craft, and growing as a leader. The position will offer a comprehensive package with excellent benefits and growth-oriented incentives. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team of culinary professionals in an exceptional culinary culture, innovation and foodservice standards, send us your resume along with a note.
Work with DMA, the industry leader and respected team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Upload your resume, which may also include a cover letter and supporting information including menu examples, pictures, personal website, etc. Click Here: