Executive Sous Chef by David Meyers Associates
The Stock Farm Club, Hamilton, MT, is in search of an accomplished and mature culinary professional that is on-the-rise, to partner and work closely with club’s new and acclaimed Chef, Peter Menteer, a smartly journeyed professional of Montana origin.
About The Club: The Stock Farm Club is dedicated to establishing a tradition of distinction and excellence. We are a team of caring professionals committed to exceeding the expectations of every individual we have opportunity to serve. Our vision is to provide a casual, comfortable environment with extra-ordinary service and true Montana hospitality.
The Club is a community that understands the sense of renewal that being in Big Sky Country can bring. It’s a community that appreciates the value of privacy and understated elegance. Members stay for few days in one of the guest cabins, walk around on the rolling grounds and wake up under the Big Sky for a round of golf, fishing or outdoor activities. They appreciate the beauty and privacy just breathing in the mountain air.
- The Executive Sous Chef function is to provide a support system for the Executive Chef. This involves recipe and menu development, execution of a la carte dining and banquet functions and all duties related to staffing of the kitchens.
- Is “Hands on” preparation, presentation, production schedules and coordination with Executive Chef for operational excellence on a daily basis.
- Complete charge of the kitchen in Executive Chef’s absence, managing up to 20 culinary staff and stewarding department seasonally.
- Administrative duties include schedule writing, daily production schedules, recording of food usage and production amounts for events.
- Preferably a culinary graduate with a minimum of 5 years experience, 2 years of which are supervisory in a similar club, hotel or resort.
- A sound culinary technical background with experience in high end food products and preparations, classical techniques and relevant exposure to modern food trends.
- Experience in high volume banquet events both buffet and plate- up, action station set up and execution, garde manger skills and carving skills.
- Strong a la carte station abilities; sauté, broiler, pantry and expediting.
Key Expectations and Goals:
- The successful candidate will be a leader committed to educate and train the culinary team members; both the formally trained and locally developed.
- The membership enjoys interacting with the culinary team during major events and when appropriate. The culinary team hosts cooking classes in the off-season as a membership relationship tool, and walk the floor during dining or events when time and workload allows.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times. This includes site visits to all outlets.
Salary and Benefits
The position will offer a comprehensive package which includes a performance incentive and excellent benefits. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team of culinary professional in an exceptional culinary culture, innovation and foodservice standards, send us your resume along with a note.
Work with DMA, the industry leader and respected team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Upload your resume, which may also include a cover letter and supporting information including menu examples, pictures, personal website, etc. Click Here: