Senior Sous Chef
The Coronado Club, Houston’s premiere city club is in search of a motivated, highly-skilled, technically diverse & progressive Senior Sous Chef to work closely with Club’s acclaimed Executive Chef directly all food production.
The Club, located in the heart of the downtown business district, is comprised of highly respected local and national business leaders that have played a vital role in the city’s development since founded in 1957. Throughout the clubs distinguished history it remains a bastion of strength and financial stability in the community. Club membership is respected for their high standards and business ethics. Club facilities, services and personnel are highly regarded. Club employees enjoy a dynamic work environment committed to excellence while providing a work-life balance that is rare in the hospitality industry.
Club facilities are impressive offering various private and member dining venues for a la carte dining; business meetings and hosting distinguished events. These services are primarily offered Monday – Friday, a periodic Saturday, and closed on all major holidays. What a great schedule for work-life balance in Foodservice. Club foodservice is scratch production, progressive in its offerings and led by a nationally regarded Executive Chef. Lunches are the busiest meal period serving up to 200 covers. Annual Food & Beverage sales are $2M. 65% of all sales are generated in banquets. Simply put the club bustles while producing the highest quality cuisine. Please visit the clubs website http://www.coronadoclub.com/
Expectations, Core Experiences & Competencies and Expectations
- This position is being created to assist the Executive Chef evaluate current practices, processes and culinary culture; immediately recognize potential areas of opportunity and conflict; initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the members in all areas of service. Making the Club’s a la carte dining the best in the area.
- Club will hire an experience becoming of a leader – preferably a sous chef, chef de cuisine at a reputable club with multiple restaurant outlets. Hotel experience a plus.
- Systems and solutions orientated; Proven business and people sense.
- Ability to lead team and develop staff.
- Able to follow the longstanding traditions of the club and culinary team with longevity.
- Ala carte experience in fine dining, casual and farm to table style.
- High volume catering experience.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Lead one salary sous chef and a team of 15 hourly team members.
- Developing systems as they related to all catering, ala carte, daily and deep cleaning accountabilities
- Work in harmony with and through our team members for the benefit our membership.
Salary and Benefits
The Coronado Club is highly regarded for development and retaining a solid team of professional, club wide, making this a highly desirable position. This position is viewed as a final finishing position that will work closely with the Executive Chef as they hone their skills and leadership qualities in advance of stepping into an Executive Chef position. As such the right professional must be dedicated to career, craft and growing as a leader. The position will offer a comprehensive package which includes a performance incentive and excellent benefits. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team, send us your resume along with a note.
Work with DMA, the industry leader and respected team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Upload your resume, which may also include a cover letter and supporting information including menu examples, pictures, personal website, etc. Click Here: