About the Club: Grey Oaks Country Club, Naples FL, a highly regarded “Platinum Club of America” is in search of an admirable Senior Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine to run its Pool Café’ operation. Grey Oaks is a meticulously planned and highly acclaimed residential gated community, home to Grey Oaks Country Club, the premiere club in Naples. The club’s impressive facilities include two clubhouses and three championship golf courses. The Club at Grey Oaks is an inviting blend of elegance, congeniality, and superb service provided by a personable caring staff. The Club is the ideal centerpiece to the membership experience at Grey Oaks as it offers professional service, warm hospitality, social opportunities and recreational amenities.
Position Summary: The Pool Café Chef de Cuisine provides day-to-day leadership, supervision, direction and management of the culinary operation. He or she satisfies the best interests of Grey Oaks members and guests and is responsible for maintaining an efficient food operation through technical guidance, skills, controls and resources at hand to obtain budgeted goals and maximize standards of quality. The successful candidate should:
- Be a hands-on leader who manages, motivates and directs kitchen staff to achieve the objectives set by the management team.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all food is consistent and outstanding, offering a variety from standard country club fare to innovative selections and special culinary events throughout all dining venues.
- Ensure consistency through quality standards and procedures. Processes, planning and training should also ensure that ticket time standards are met.
- Uphold the highest standards of sanitation and safety and ensures that all BOH staff approach the standards with the same level of focus.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of controlling food and labor costs. He or she should be adept at creating and managing a budget and implementing changes to the operation as needed to achieve these goals.
- Be responsible for leading the product knowledge training for FOH personnel through daily pre-meal meetings, as well as special food knowledge training programs.
- Treats all employees with respect and, in return, require that of his or her team.
Other: This individual should be highly visible and approachable, and is expected to have a regular presence in the Dining Rooms.
Overall the Club does 5.7M in F&B (The Pool Café is 2M in food 1.1M in beverage) Open 7 days a week lunch and dinner/ Breakfast on Sat and Sunday(very slow) during season. Off season open 6 days a week lunch and 4 days a week dinner. Summertime this is the only venue open other than for banquets so all the core staff works at the pool café.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package including educational allowance and cellular service. The club fully supports ongoing education and participation in ACF competitions for its culinary staff. Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information. (A Personal Portfolio is encouraged) in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your information.