COLONIAL COUNTRY CLUB, Ft. Worth, TX
Colonial Country Club is a private golf club with respected southern heritage, located in Fort Worth, Texas. It plays hosts to annual PGA Tour events, currently the proud host of the Charles Schwab Challenge each year. It is the longest running non-major tour event held at the same site.
The golf course is located on the south bank of the Clear Fork of the Trinity River, just northwest of the campus of Texas Christian University.
- Annual food sales at $2.5M; total F&B Sales $3.8M
- The Food cost is 37% with a goal to achieve 25/36%
- The Executive Chef is supported by an Executive Sous Chef, two (2) Sous Chefs, a Pastry Chef and Purchasing Manager.
- There are 28/32 total kitchen employees supported by a $1.1M Labor Budget.
- The Club is supported by 1,500 members whose average age is 55.
- There are (3) well-maintained kitchens The Main Kitchen (banquets and Fine dining); Cork Room Kitchen (a la carte); Outrigger (seasonal poolside)
- The Club operates twelve (12) months, is active year-round with peaks in business April – June and October – December and patterned busy at other cycles.
- Learn team members and current operations – Who are we and why do we do the things we do?
- Implement daily line-ups with both the (FOH) and (BOH) on a consistent basis.
- Help maintain food consistency in all areas.
- Suggest/Implement improvements where needed with the approval of EC.
- Work with the Purchasing Manager and Chef to learn the ordering/purchasing systems and all products.
Position Summary: The Executive Sous Chef is expected to be a leader in the clubhouse, setting a positive example for all other team members in professionalism, proper cooking technique, flavor evaluation, punctuality and proper mise en’ place. Strict attention to culinary details, sanitation, organization and Club/Kitchen standards is a basic requirement.
The Executive Sous Chef shall work closely with the Executive Chef and will primarily be responsibility for overseeing, assisting and supervising preparation, production, and service of all food served in four (4) a la Carte outlets and five (5) Private Party Rooms with seating from 30 to 360 guests.
The club will hire a proven self-starter, ideally an ACF Certificated as CCC or higher preferred is actively pursuing advanced certification, and mature to take command in the absence of the Executive Chef.
Primary Functions and Duties:
- Works in partnership with Executive Chef advancing standards, menu evolution, innovation and overall sanitation standards.
- Organized with experience in ordering, menu development, cost control, hiring processes as well as leading and developing a team.
- Assists/improves communication, provides leadership/direction to multi-cultural staff. (Bi-lingual skills are a plus)
- Assists with staff training and development; ensure food consistency, as well as monitors loss controls.
- Assist Executive Chef with budget process by gathering/reporting culinary information.
- Inspects all kitchens throughout the day and assists as necessary where production demands and service needs dictate.
The Club offers a compensation package including a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and skill, ACF dues, health & life insurance and 401k. Interested individuals should send resume, a well-conceived cover letter and supporting information. Please submit your Portfolio in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your professional information:
Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.