Executive Sous Chef – Restaurants, by David Meyers Associates
THE BROADMOOR, one of America’s premiere full-service Resorts maintains the reputation as America’s longest standing 5-Diamond/Star property built upon the principle of delivering memorable, high-touch experiences to its guests with an equal importance of hiring the finest in staff.
THE BROADMOOR has a sustained history of hiring genuinely engaged career professionals with mature attitudes and purpose to become a part of something special; something greater than self in a remarkable unified team spirit environment. THE BROADMOOR has engaged David Meyers Associates (DMA) to advance their culinary heritage and to find their next Executive Sous Chef – Restaurants.
Position Summary: The Executive Sous Chef of Restaurants will collaborate and assist the Resort’s Director of Culinary/Executive Chef in the planning, managing and executing of the vision and standards for the various multiple outlets within the Hotel. This includes maintaining a significant physical presence, working with the various outlet Chef de Cuisines and overseeing all aspects of food preparation in the hotel’s 10 restaurant outlets including cafes and coffee shops. Direct the seasonal menu changes and development, mentoring of outlet chefs and product consistency of all restaurants. Ensure the diversity of concepts throughout the property both from menu offerings and price points. Execute the culinary strategy to meet business needs and maximize profits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Supervise Sous Chefs and other kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, performance management, career guidance, training and discipline
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale, always with utmost professionalism.
- Maintain AAA Five-Diamond and Forbes Five-Star rating Participate in developing the vision of food and concept trends consistent with company objectives and initiatives
- Assist in developing short and long-range plans to meet business needs and maximize profits
- Ensure that kitchens provide nutritious, safe, appealing, and properly flavored food
- Establish and implement quality standards in cooking methods, presentation techniques, portion control, and retention of nutrients
- Develop and manage the budget
- Ensure safe and sanitary work environment for all employees
Ideal Candidate Profile
The position requires a strong organized leader who is committed to excellence in all matters. The right individual will be self-motivated, able to build a cohesive team, possess a modern approach to team building and menu planning and continually offer unique and distinctive dining experiences. Finally, the successful candidate must be a good fit with THE BROADMOOR’s culture. He/she must demonstrate values, conduct and integrity consistent with a 5-Diamond/Star, Michelin acclaimed standards.
Salary and Benefits
THE BROADMOOR offers a comprehensive package which includes a competitive base salary and excellent benefits. If you are interested in joining a team of culinary professional in an exceptional culinary culture, innovation and foodservice standards, send us your resume along with a note.
Work with David Meyers Associates, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Upload your resume, which may also include a cover letter and supporting information including menu examples, pictures, personal website, etc. https://meyersassociates.com/resume/