The Coronado Club, Houston’s premiere city club is in search of a motivated, highly-skilled, technically diverse & market focused professional to lead the Club’s Pastry program as its Pastry Chef.
The Club, located in the heart of the downtown business district, is comprised of highly respected local and national business leaders that have played a vital role in the city’s development since founded in 1957. Throughout the clubs distinguished history it remains a bastion of strength and financial stability in the community. Club membership is respected for their high standards and business ethics. Club facilities, services and personnel are highly regarded. Club employees enjoy a dynamic work environment committed to excellence while providing a work-life balance that is rare in the hospitality industry.
Club facilities are impressive offering various private and member dining venues for a la carte dining; business meetings and hosting distinguished events. These services are primarily offered Monday – Friday, a periodic Saturday, and closed on all major holidays. Club foodservice is scratch production, progressive in its offerings and led by a nationally regarded Executive Chef. Lunches are the busiest meal period serving up to 200 covers. Annual Food & Beverage sales are $2M. 65% of all sales are generated in banquets. Simply put the club bustles while producing the highest quality cuisine. Please visit the clubs website http://coronadoclub.com
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and a team player; career minded detail-oriented and capable of producing the diversity required in a traditional club with progressive palates. Essential Expectations, Accountabilities and Attitude include:
- Complete understanding of scratch baking and pastry production with proven knowledge of volume banquet production and detailed a la carte dessert service.
- Capable of Managing a small yet essential department, supported by one assistant, producing all required freshly produced a la carte and banquet products.
- Develop, recommend and produce daily/weekly dessert features along with custom designing private events and club produced banquet offerings. Enjoys promoting the craft.
- Manage production of daily breads, flatbreads and regional biscuit program.
- Manage an evolving selection of cookies, “mignardise” and complimentary “Bites” program.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef sourcing, forecasting and managing the purchase of all related foodstuff including dry goods, perishables and specialties items.
- Prior experience required, minimally as a pastry sous-chef at a top quality hotel, resort or club is essential. Formal culinary school or apprenticeship education also required.
- Must have schedule flexibility and willingness to work both AM/PM shifts; MOST weekends and holidays are CLOSED
- Strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing.