Executive Sous Chef by David Meyers Associates
The Columbia Country Club is a private, member-owned club, conveniently located inside the Beltway in idyllic Chevy Chase, Maryland. Columbia has earned a tremendous reputation, from its championship golf course that has been host to various tourments including the 1921 US Open and 2003 US Junior Amateur, to its first class dining facilities and its unparalleled social fabric. What makes Columbia unique is its membership. The members – distinguished, diverse, and colorful – have bonded together to consistently provide the Warm Columbia Welcome.
The Club enjoys a rich history, tradition and heritage. Beyond the beautifully manicured grounds, world class amenities, and inviting staff, Columbia plays host to year-round social and athletic activities. With a championship golf course, four paddle tennis courts, eleven outdoor tennis courts, a state of the art fitness facility, indoor and outdoor pools, a child minding facility, multiple dining outlets, and more, The Club provides the ideal second home to its membership.
Expectations, Core Experiences & Competencies and Expectations
- This position is being created to assist the Executive Chef advance current practices, processes and culinary culture; recognize potential areas of opportunity and conflict; initiate ways to improve current business methods, quality of products and services provided to the members in all areas of service. Making the Club’s a la carte dining the best in the area is a key objective.
- Club will hire a professional with leadership qualities – preferably a sous chef, chef de cuisine at a reputable club with multiple restaurant outlets. Hotel experiences are a plus.
- Accountable, responsible, efficient along with pliable and willing to learn in a dynamic new culture.
- Systems and solutions orientated; Proven business and financial acumen.
- Ability to lead team and develop staff.
- Able to follow the longstanding traditions of the club and culinary team with longevity.
- Ala carte experience in fine dining, casual and farm to table style.
- High volume catering experience.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Lead two salary chefs and a team of 40 hourly team members.
- Developing systems as they related to all catering, ala carte, daily and deep cleaning accountabilities
- Work in harmony with and through our team members for the benefit our membership.
Salary and Benefits
Columbia Country Club is highly regarded for development and retaining a solid team of professional, club wide, making this a highly desirable position. This position is viewed as a final finishing position that will work closely with the Executive Chef as they hone their skills and leadership qualities in advance of stepping into an Executive Chef position. As such the right professional must be dedicated to career, craft and growing as a leader. The position will offer a comprehensive package which includes a performance incentive and excellent benefits. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team of culinary professional in an exceptional culinary culture, innovation and foodservice standards, send us your resume along with a note.
Work with DMA, the industry leader and respected team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Upload your resume, which may also include a cover letter and supporting information including menu examples, pictures, personal website, etc. Click Here: