About the Club: Five extraordinary championship golf courses designed by legendary architects Arthur Hills and Tom Fazio, an 18-court tennis complex w four pickle ball courts, two welcoming and distinctive clubhouses, and a Lifestyle Center featuring a state-of-the-art fitness center, spa and salon, along with world-class dining come together to make Bonita Bay Club the leading country club in Southwest Florida. Bonita Bay Club – owned and governed by its members since 2010 – offers membership categories for both the golf and sports enthusiasts, especially well-suited for active Bonita Bay residents. Foodservice is one of the most importance amenities the club offers and its culinary program regarded by membership and led by acclaimed chef Richard Brumm, CEC, CCA, et al.
Position Specific: This is stand alone, true Banquet Chef position requiring an ownership mind and ability to run the entire department producing $1.5M in annual Food Sales! This Department Head must work well within the Club’s culture and very closely with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Purchasing Manager and all team members!
The position demands strong leadership skills and ability to develop an high performing team. This position is very hands-on cooking, managing production and working closely with his/her culinary team. Constant inspecting standards, assuring food safety and a consistently high-quality product are core and daily requirements. This professional must be organized, approachable and polished along with passionate about being challenged, daily.
Also, proven abilities to forecast production needs and effectively communicating those needs are essential assuring department success while achieving budgeted expectations. Club management and membership support professional growth and involvement in learning and association throughout the organization. Cornerstone to all noted requirements is a genuine passion for the profession coupled with a high-degree of integrity, maturity and team pride. A team player that is current, resourceful and can engage team while delivering on their word.
- The Banquet Kitchen, while independent of other culinary production area, is part of the Main Kitchen. Kitchens are modern with all technologies capable of producing world class banquet events served hot, flavorful and timely at a consistently high level.
- Annual food sales exceed $3.5M; Total F&B Sales exceed $5M and Banquet Food Sales are $1.5M. Its Busy!!!
- This position is supported by three (3) year-round experiences cooks and the department grows to 12 in season.
- Proven, high-volume experiences in quality environments, producing event from small to 2000 covers with great detail coupled with ability running a close-knit team.
- A highly organized, mathematical in forecasting quantities and production times, as well as a gifted “Culinarian.” hands-on cooking and directly supervising the production of items that requiring skillful preparation.
- A team player, personable and accomplished at leading by example.
- Attends Weekly Meetings with Executive Chef, Sous Chefs and Catering Team discussing Menus, overall event production needs, timing details, special needs and contracted standards that may NOT find a BEO.
Timing & Match – The Club will hire the right professional based upon required quality experiences and abilities to independently run the Banquet Department. One’s ability to organize, communicate effectively and demonstrate a genuine passion about the craft are keys. Coupled those qualities with an authentic love for taking care of people, guests and team are required. The position is immediately available.
The Club offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary based on experience and skill, a performance bonus, ACF dues, generous group health insurance and other standard educational perks. Interested individuals should send your portfolio, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information, in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your information:
Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.