Another remarkable Culinary Professional opportunity with one of our Nation’s premier clubs, Town & Country Club, Atlanta, GA exclusively conducted by DZA.
Chartered in 1956, Cherokee Town and Country Club is recognized as one of America’s premier private clubs. The club has two locations: the Town Club, which occupies the famed Grant Estate on West Paces Ferry Road in Buckhead and the Country Club, which is located near the Chattahoochee River in Sandy Springs. The excellence of Cherokee’s facilities, combined with its commitment to the highest standards in dining and member services, has brought the club an extraordinary number of honors and awards throughout the years.
Cherokee Town and Country Club is where gracious, southern-style hospitality is the standard. Member and guest needs are anticipated, and expectations exceeded. The quality of Cherokee’s facilities, combined with its commitment to the highest standards in dining and member services, has brought the club an inordinate number of honors and awards through the years. These qualities provide you the benefit of delicious culinary experiences and outstanding service.
Position Specific: The Cherokee Town & Country Club (CT&CC) and its talented Director of Culinary, Todd Kelly is looking for a Banquet Chef who genuinely loves food and the craft of cooking and is skilled at fostering a professional and positive kitchen environment. The ideal candidate will have a calm methodical thought process with an attention to detail focus.
CT&CC is a unique and busy club. The Banquet Chef is responsible for the production of hot food for all catered events as well as Associate dining. The Banquet Chef is supported by (1) Supervisor and (5) Cooks and is supported by (2) Chef Tournants and the Executive Chef. This is a scratch kitchen, and the leader of this area should be disciplined and should consider this position as an equivalent to an Executive Sous Chef and the next step to become an Executive Chef.
- Team Player – Adopt an approach that facilitates communication and a sense of unity. Be Someone who understands the private club sector and is driven by pride, member satisfaction, and teamwork.
- Engage staff – Inspire the team and build a strong culinary culture driven to excellence. Serve as coach and mentor and lead by example.
- Learn systems – The new Banquet Chef is expected to evaluate current operations and staffing and provide recommendations for enhanced controls and improvement.
- Excite Members – The Banquet Chef will get to know the members, their needs and culture. He/she will be responsive to feedback in a positive manner and provide menus and specials to their liking.
- Personal Growth – The new Banquet Chef will work with the Culinary Director and strive to make themselves better both as a Chef and also from a personal standpoint. Self-development is an important standard for Cherokee Town & CC as many individuals when leaving the club have become great Executive Chef’s.
- The Banquet Chef will continue the ‘standard of excellence’ in all areas of culinary leadership.
- CT&CC is a progressive food and beverage Club with a quality pedigree. Ensure proper food handling and sanitation procedures are exercised and maintain an efficient, orderly and professional environment within the kitchen at all times.
- The selected individual should understand that CT&CC is a large club with a lot of moving parts. ‘Ripples become waves if not proactively managed.’
- The Banquet Chef participates in the weekly F&B Meeting, Daily Line-Ups and monthly Culinary Meetings.
- The Banquet Chef is able to delegate, train for consistency, establish procedures for departmental cost control and is an amazing cook.
- Assist in the preparation of efficient work schedules, task lists, order lists, repair lists and a la carte and special event menus.
- The Banquet Chef will work closely with the purchasing department and maintain a general awareness of inventory levels to facilitate timely utilization of surplus products, minimize waste, create prep and order lists.
- The Banquet Chef is visible to the members, occasionally walks the dining room and represents professionalism. He/she will listen to feedback and respond to questions accordingly.
- Annual food sales $10MM; Total F&B Sales $17.5MM.
- The Club currently maintains a 42% food cost with a sales mix of 65% A La Carte and 35% banquet. Budgeted Food Cost – 42%
- The Size of kitchen team is 90 individuals with a labor budget of $5.2MM. There are two Sous Chefs, Pastry Chef, Banquet Chef, and Chief Steward. There are 12 salaried managers in the kitchen.
- The Banquet Chef is in complete charge of the food operation in the absence of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- The Club supports (5) Kitchens, 2 Main Kitchen, 1 Restaurant Kitchen, 2 Pool Kitchens. Management rates the condition as a 5 out of 5. Capital replacement plan in place.
- CT&CC has two Clubhouses (1) Town Club 120,000 sq. ft. CC (2) CC Clubhouse 47,000 sq. ft. with 2,225 members, average age is 61.
- The Club operates (12) twelve months annually and is closed on Mondays and also closed for Annual Maintenance for 2 weeks in July. Slower in July and August at the TC and Winter months at the CC. Club closes two weeks in July for annual maintenance.
- The Banquet Chef reports to the Director of Culinary and works closely with all Chefs, Purchasing Department, Human Resources and Service Staff.
Dining: (Various A La Carte Dining Venues)
Williams Room – Fine Dining with 70 seats, serving dinner only Tuesday through Saturday.
Grants – Casual with 200 seats, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner Tuesday through Sunday.
Champions Grille – Casual with 200 seats, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner Tuesday through Sunday.
Gold Snack Bar – ‘Grab and Go!’ serving breakfast and lunch Tuesday through Sunday.
Private Parties/Member Events – The largest sit-down event is 325. There are thirteen (13) Private Rooms seating from 8 to 325.
A compensation package that will include a competitive base salary and bonus based upon agreed upon goals. Benefits include medical insurance. 401K, vacation, and ACF Dues. Relocation allowance is available.
Interested individuals need to send a current resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information (a digital Portfolio is encouraged) Click Here to upload your information:
Work with Denise Zanchelli and Team DZA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.
We welcome your reaching out and make a personal connection with TeamDZA by writing either Daniel Hugelier, CMC, email@example.com or Bill Schulz, MCM firstname.lastname@example.org or Denise Zanchelli email@example.com