The world-class Sea Pines Resort features remarkable coastal views and facilities and world class dining and events at multiple locations. This year-round, requires a highly skilled Chef de Cuisine Catering / Banquet Chef to lead the department that is responsible for all banquet food production at the main resort and periodical support other venues as needed. This position produces volume requiring organizational skills and culinary range beyond most.
Primary Functions and Duties:
- Works in partnership with Executive Chef advancing standards, menu evolution, innovation and overall sanitation standards.
- The Resort will hire a chef that is passionate about his craft and highly organized managing a busy banquet department where verbal and written communication skills are critical.
- Maintaining a high level of food quality at all times; financial responsibility for the banquet area; being hands-on in the kitchen.
- Must be knowledgeable about East coast Carolina seafoods and cuisine.
- Assists with staff training and development; ensure food consistency, as well as monitors loss controls.
- Assist Executive Chef with budget process by gathering/reporting culinary information.
- Learn team members, current operations and culture – Who are we and why do we do the things we do?
- Implement daily line-ups with both the (FOH) and (BOH) on a daily basis, building consistent.
- Direct food consistency and culinary excellence in all areas.
- Suggest and Implement improvements where needed with the approval of EC; a Close working relationship is required.
- $4.2M topline sales responsibility
- On and Off-site catering, with van transportation
- 3-4 satellite kitchens utilized
- Strong emphasis on all facets of production including cold and pastries – a pastry chef supports this position and with PC
- Develops a la carte desserts for commissary
- Develops high end catering desserts, and wine dinner desserts
- Full commissary kitchen with delivery for golf f/b and a la carte outlets
- Emphasis on weddings and wedding tastings with clients
- Cook team- 2-3 out of season, 4-6 in season, utilize staff from around resort for the rest
- Season- march-may; September – October- out of season chef working on menus and assists a la carte restaurants
- Maintain 16.5% food cost
- Develop team
- Working chef position, must be present in the kitchen and all functions in the dining room checking quality
- Oversees all aspects of the kitchen and pastry department
- Teamwork with FOH and strong menu abilities to cost out and write menus for sales team with quick turnover
- Inspects kitchens throughout the day and assists as necessary where production demands and service needs dictate.
The Resort offers a compensation package including a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and skill, ACF dues, health & life insurance and 401k. Interested individuals should send resume, a well-conceived cover letter and supporting information. Please submit your Portfolio in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your professional information:
Interested? Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Click Here to upload your professional information: