Another quality Culinary opportunity with Rolling Rock Club, presented by DZA
Founded in 1917, this premier private club is located in historic Ligonier, Pennsylvania approximately 50 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. Rolling Rock Club was originally 12,000 acres (4,900 ha) of land owned by Judge Thomas Mellon, who left it to his son Richard Beatty Mellon, brother of Andrew Mellon and onetime president of Mellon Bank. Richard Beatty Mellon turned Rolling Rock into a rural retreat for his friends and family to hunt, fish, and ride. From this it steadily developed into an establishment that, in addition to the usual country club necessities – swimming pool and golf course – also boasted stocked trout streams, duck ponds, game birds and shooting ranges.
Position Summary: The Chef de Cuisine (CDC) is a ‘hands-on’ manager, who along with the Club Executive Chef, is responsible for the overall smooth operation of the Club’s kitchen operations and facilities. He/she will assume the duties of the Executive Chef in his absence. The (CDC) will be visible and promote an environment collaboration and teamwork for all kitchen and club employees. He/she will endeavor to be visible to the membership and ensure that the kitchen is a welcoming place for Club members and their guests.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the (CDC) is responsible for all food and pastry production including that used for a la carte dining, catered affairs, pool dining, banquet/event functions, employee meals and other outlets. While his/her first priority is to produce quality food geared to the tastes and preferences of the membership, he/she will exercise diligence in cost control and adherence to the budget. The (CDC) will maintain the highest standards for sanitation and cleanliness.
Primary Functions and Duties:
- Works in partnership with Executive Chef advancing standards, menu evolution, innovation, and overall sanitation standards.
- Organized with experience in ordering, menu development, cost control, hiring processes as well as leading and developing a team.
- Provides leadership/direction to diverse and seasonal staff, improving communication in all areas of operations.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation and service execution is consistent.
- Actively trains and develops staff; ensures food consistency, as well as monitors loss controls.
- Assists Executive Chef with budget process by gathering/reporting culinary information.
- Inspects all kitchens throughout the day and assists as necessary where production demands and service needs dictate.
- Learn team culture, current operations, and member preferences – Who are we and why do we do the things we do?
- Implement daily line-ups with both the (FOH) and (BOH) on a consistent basis.
- Help maintain food consistency in all areas.
Summary: The Club will hire a proven self-starter, ideally of ACF Certificated as CCC or higher. Is actively pursuing advanced certification and mature to take command in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Annual food sales at $2.5M; total F&B Sales $3.8M
- The Food cost is 51% with a goal to achieve 47%
- The Executive Chef is supported by two (2) Sous Chefs, a Pastry Chef and Purchasing Manager.
- There are 28/32 total kitchen employees supported by a $1.1M Labor Budget.
- The Club is supported by 1,500 members whose average age is 55.
- There are (4) well-maintained kitchens including a Pool side Snack Bar, Shooting Lodge Staging Kitchen along with the A la Carte and Banquet kitchens in the Main Clubhouse.
- The Club operates 12 months per year with the majority of business from May-October, December. The Club has an annual shutdown for one (1) month in March.
The Club offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and skill, ACF dues, health & life insurance, and 401k. Interested individuals should send resume, a well-conceived cover letter and supporting information. Please submit your Portfolio in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your information:
Work with Denise Zanchelli and Team DZA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.
Contact Daniel Hugelier Bill Schulz or Denise Zanchelli directly at firstname.lastname@example.org