Rolling Rock Club, Founded in 1917, Rolling Rock Club is located in the historic Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, approximately 50 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. Organized as a sporting club, conservatory and wildlife sanctuary, the surrounding landscape is truly one of the most beautiful and serene parcels in the Eastern United States.
On the Club’s premises, natural springs and running streams meander through the entire property. The Club has a trout hatchery producing four species that ultimately stock our crystal clear 5-mile stream. Fishing, upland bird hunting, clay bird shooting, hiking, tennis, golf and swimming are some of the activities member families enjoy while visiting the Club. The Club employs a full-time staff of professional hunting and fishing guides and maintains a kennel with 30 well-trained hunting dogs. No other private Club in North America provides the breadth of sporting facilities found at Rolling Rock.
Equally impressive is the spacious, traditionally appointed Clubhouse featuring comfortable formal dining rooms, lounges and terraces. Fashioned like a grand English country manor, the 80,000 square foot clubhouse has 29 guest rooms and two guest cottages. Fresh floral arrangements are abundant, fashioned by in-house florists adding to the Club’s overall warmth. The Club’s ambiance, personalized services and commitment to excellence are in keeping with the finest destination properties around the world.
The Club has a tradition of culinary excellence and an appreciative and supportive membership. Members hail from 43 of the 50 states and 7 foreign countries. Duck, pheasant and trout are harvested on our property and are part of the Club’s culinary tradition. The Club maintains an extensive, carefully curated wine cellar and employs well-trained sommeliers.
Chef de Cuisine is expected to be a leader in the clubhouse, setting a positive example for all other team members in professionalism, proper cooking technique, flavor evaluation, punctuality and proper mise en place. Strict attention to culinary details, sanitation, organization and Club/Kitchen standards is a basic requirement.
This Senior Chef position will work closely with the Executive Chef and will primarily be responsible for overseeing and supervising preparation, production, and service of regular a la Carte and events .
The Club seeks a mature, proven self-starter, ideally an ACF Certified Chef of CCC or higher. The Chef de Cuisine will take command of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
Primary Functions and Duties:
- Works in partnership with Executive Chef advancing standards, menu evolution, innovation and overall sanitation standards.
- Organized with experience in ordering, menu development, cost control, hiring processes as well as leading and developing a team.
- Provides leadership/direction to diverse and seasonal staff, improving communication in all areas of operations.
- Actively trains and develops staff; ensures food consistency, as well as monitors loss controls.
- Assists Executive Chef with budget process by gathering/reporting culinary information.
- Inspects all kitchens throughout the day and assists as necessary where production demands and service needs dictate.
- The core goal of the Club is to make its a la carte dining and banquet offerings the best in the area.
- The club will hire an experience leader (beyond a great culinarian) – preferably a Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine at a reputable club with multiple restaurant outlets. Hotel and/or Resort experience a plus.
- Accountable, responsible, efficient along with flexibility and the grit to help develop a dynamic new culture.
- Systems and solutions orientated, Proven business and financial acumen.
- The ability to lead the team, coach and counsel and develop staff.
- Able to follow longstanding traditions of the club and working with culinary team, some with longevity; FITTING w team!
- Ala carte experience in refined progressive to casual with Farm-to-table and freshness in style a plus.
- Has a keen eye and highest regard for cleanliness and sanitation. Takes initiative to deep clean and make necessary kitchen repairs as needed.
- Works in harmony with and through team members for the benefit of the membership.
- Is visible to the membership and works to develop relationships.
- Annual food sales at $2.2M; total F&B Sales $3.5M
- Annualized food cost is budgeted at 41% assuring quality excellence
- The Executive Chef is supported by two (2) Sous Chefs, and a Pastry Chef
- There are up to 32 total kitchen employees supported by a $1.6M Labor Budget
- The Club is supported by 1,300 members whose average age is 62.
- There are three (3) well-maintained kitchens: The Main Kitchen (banquets and fine dining); the Shooting Range Kitchen; The Pool Kitchen (this seasonal venue is to undergo major kitchen renovations making it another dining destination)
- The Club operates year-round (closed each March) with the majority of business in April – December
The Club offers a competitive base salary; a performance bonus based on measurable objectives, health & life insurance, 401k, ACF dues and Convention, dining allowance and other standard perks. ACF Certified preferred, but not required. If you Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information. Click Here to upload your professional information:
Interested? Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Click Here to upload your professional information.