Bluejack National is a private club and resort-style community located on 755-acres of rolling hills in Montgomery, Texas. Bluejack, which features one of only two Tiger Woods-designed golf courses with a short course in the United States, is limited to 400 residences and 450 memberships. An exclusive club and community, which opened in November 2015, Bluejack offers personalized hospitality serving the entire family, and provides an array of extraordinary amenities including: golf, tennis, spa and wellness center, pools, bowling alley, football field, “mini-Fenway” park, as well as several dining and corporate entertainment options. Thirty-five acres of fishing lakes and seven miles of beautiful hiking, biking and running trails link these features to the Bluejack National neighborhoods.
Bluejack delivers an exceptional family experience where memories are made and life happens. Founded on classic and traditional principles, Bluejack is a generational place that provides a club culture and community lifestyle to preserve life’s most valued commodity — time.
Clubhouse construction will begin the Summer of 2019 and the Spa and Fitness Center will be the next amenity after the Clubhouse is underway.
See Youtube video about the club https://youtu.be/Qc9ImZFPuFM
Position Specific: In summary, this is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and be the individual that will establish the Bluejack National “Culinary Brand” and it’s concept to align with the vision that is already in place. The Club is looking for a talented culinary professional that will build a team and implement culinary standards and programs that will serve the members for years to come. Food quality, consistency, menu variety and speed of service will be key areas of focus upon joining the team. Exceptional skillset in a la carte operations required.
The Executive Chef will be a visionary, a seasoned leader who has credible achievements. Someone who enjoys coaching and training. Excellent communication skills and is approachable. This individual will be highly organized with superior planning skills.
- The new EC is expected to establish culinary standards.
- Will be instrumental in getting the kitchen setup for efficient ala carte service.
- The EC will oversee the selection of all equipment
- EC will set culinary standards pertaining to ingredient selection and quality.
- EC will create menus to reflect variety and contemporary cuisine.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for kitchen staff.
- Experience with a start-up project/Club a plus.
- The EC is hands-on and cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Organized and detail-oriented with a passion for the profession.
- The ability to lead, motivate and mentor aspiring individuals throughout the organization.
- Hires, trains, supervise, schedules and evaluates the work of management staff in the food and pastry production departments.
- A skilled communicator, professional and personable demeanor and approachable manner are important pre-requisite qualities.
- Responsible for budgeting, payroll expenses and capital needs.
- Responsible for monthly Variance Report; monthly inventories; weekly payroll approval and department invoice approval.
- Ensures that the highest standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all food service areas at all times.
- The new Executive Chef will actively engage with the membership through walking the dining rooms, monthly newsletter etc.
- Competent in organizational and time management skills. The ability to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Currently there is a good team in place that requires leadership.
One of only two Tiger Woods-designed golf courses in the United States.
- Annual food sales $775,200; Total F&B Sales $1.484,200.
- Actual food cost 31%; Budgeted Food Cost 36% with a sales mix of 83% a la carte and 17% banquet.
- There are 9 kitchen employees supported by a $655,300 labor budget.
- The Club maintains three (3) Kitchens all set up for ala carte production.
- The EC is supported by one (1) Sous Chef; the Chef does the purchasing.
- Currently the Clubhouse totaling 50,000 sq. ft. is under construction. There are 200 members whose average age is 47.
- The Club operates eleven (11) months per year and will close July 5th – 31st.
- The EC reports to the Assistant General Manager and works closely with F&B Managers (2), Member Services Director, Fort Service Staff and Lodging Manager.
- The current Chef was with the Club for 13 months.
Veranda – Casual with 80 seats. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner served Wednesday through Sunday.
Pool Deck – Casual with 55 seats, serving Lunch & Dinner in the Summer only.
The Place – Casual with 20 seats, serving Lunch & Dinner Wednesday through Monday.
The Fort – Casual with 30 seats, serving Lunch & Dinner Wednesday through Monday.
Banquets & Catering – The Club has one Private Dining Rooms and can accommodate 30 to 100 guests. 150 is the largest sit-down.
The Club offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary based on experience and skill, performance bonus up to 10% of base salary, dining allowance, ACF dues and convention, health, employee paid dental & life insurance, 401k with match and other standard perks. Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information (a digital Portfolio is encouraged) in strict confidence. A Certified Executive Chef (CEC) is preferred. Click Here to upload your professional information:
Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.
Executive Chef, Bluejack National, Montgomery (Houston), Texas