Executive Chef Successor – EDGARTOWN YACHT CLUB – 41°23’18.11N – 70°30’39.73W – Edgartown, MA
The Edgartown Yacht Club was founded in 1905 to perpetuate the maritime traditions of Edgartown and Martha’s Vineyard. It is a seasonal club with the majority of activity from July 4 to Labor Day. In addition to the waterfront Clubhouse located on Dock Street, facilities also include a waterfront Junior Yacht Club, a waterfront Sailing Center, a Tennis Center on the edge of town, with separate Clubhouse, and 11 tennis courts, as well as a Fitness Center. The Club also owns and rents several apartments used to house culinary and other employees.
The Dining Room in the Main Clubhouse offers white linen service Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day. The Club completed a multi-million-dollar renovation, just prior to opening for the 2019 season. Included in the project is an entirely new and expanded kitchen, completely re-outfitted with all new equipment.
- Annual food sales at $748,500; total F&B Sales $1,118,500
- The Food cost is 38.7% with a sales mix 85% a la carte 15% banquets.
- The Executive Chef is supported by two (2) Sous Chef & Pastry Chef.
- 18-20 kitchen employees supported by a $275,000 labor budget.
- 10,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse supported by 950 members whose average age is 58.
- There are (2) well-maintained kitchens. The main kitchen 2019 and small short order kitchen in Snack Bar
- The Club operates 4.5 months per/year and is generally closed Mid–October to Memorial Day Weekend.
- Securing staff for the summer
- Banquet menu development/refinement/ pricing
- A la carte dining menu development and pricing Position Summary: The Edgartown Yacht Club is looking for its next Executive Chef. They will work for the coming season alongside the present Executive Chef through the summer cycle and take an active role in the management of the Club’s broadly successful culinary operation. The Sous Chef will set a positive example for other team members in professionalism, attention to detail, communication, administration/organization, leadership and adherence to culinary standards. This individual will be open, honest and an enthusiastic communicator.
There are two (2) a la Carte outlets and one (1) Private Party Room with seating from 10 to 40 guests. The largest event the Club can accommodate is 200.
Primary Functions and Duties in Coordination with the Executive Chef include:
- Advancing menu standards, development, evolution, and innovation.
- Have experience in ordering, cost control, hiring processes as well as leading and developing a team.
- Participating in House Committee meetings alternate weeks in high season.
- Takes active role in staff training and development; ensuring food consistency, as well as monitoring loss controls.
- Assisting with budget controls and oversight
Summary: Edgartown Yacht Club is synonymous with world-class sailboat racing and regularly hosts several regattas in the summer months. The Food and Beverage department plays an important role in supporting these events, by providing a welcoming and jovial atmosphere for the participants and supporting volunteers. The Club books a number of weddings in the shoulder season, when a la carte demands on the dining room are somewhat diminished.
The Club offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and skill, ACF dues, health & life insurance and 401k. The Club also provides housing for the position (at no cost other than a minor tax implication). Interested individuals should send resume, a well-conceived cover letter and supporting information. Please submit your Portfolio in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your professional information:
Interested? Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Click Here to upload your professional information