Another quality culinary career opportunity as Executive Chef with Montammy Golf Club, Alpine, NJ, exclusively conducted by DZA.
Montammy Golf Club in Northern New Jersey’s Bergen County is a full-service private country club, located in the rolling hills of the Palisades above the Hudson River, in Alpine, New Jersey. 25 minutes from mid-town Manhattan. Founded in 1966, the Montammy Golf Club offers its members and guests a challenging and well-maintained 18-hole championship golf course, six Har-Tru Hydro and two Hard-Top tennis courts and a spacious and welcoming clubhouse, with dining, locker and athletic facilities and a swimming area with children’s playground.
At Montammy members and guests are provided unparalleled service. In addition to A la carte dining the Club supports a ballroom that offers a spacious setting for up to 350 guests for dinner and dancing. Bar/bat mitzvahs are a Club specialty. The ballroom is supported by additional private dining areas ranging from the intimate Main Bar and West Room to the commanding Montammy Room, directly overlooking a lush and well-manicured golf course. Above all, the club’s greatest asset is its membership and staff and place in the greater community.
Position Specific: The Montammy Golf Club is looking for a leader who has the energy and knowledge that will run the culinary department to a high level of excellence. He/she will earn the respect of the staff and then take them to new heights. The Executive Chef will keep menus fresh and interesting, maintain standardized recipes, and purchase all food along with managing the business affairs of the culinary department.
This individual is personable and enjoys spending time on the floor engaging with members (who are supportive of the staff). He/she monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help ensure that financial goals are met. The Club’s food is trending to be less fussy with fewer buffets and focusing on family casual.
- From the General Manager – Stay positive and keep an open mind. Communications are a key, focus on team spirt and collaboration.
- Leadership – Management skills and style are equally important as culinary skills. The Executive Chef should establish him/herself as a dependable management team leader.
- Team Building – The new Executive Chef will understand the depth of skill and knowledge among the culinary management team. Hire, cross train, motivate and develop a high performing team. Serve as coach and mentor and lead by example in all ways.
- Strive for Excellence – Get the team on board with the idea of building a consistent culinary program that exceeds members expectations. MGC is committed to the highest standards of impeccable service, fine cuisine, and collegiality to create an unparalleled membership experience.
- The ideal candidate is a team player who is accountable to the Club’s business goals and delivers on his/her word.
- A high-energy individual with a strong work ethic. A committed and dedicated culinary professional that recognizes the demands of a seasonal, premiere golf club.
- The Executive Chef is a positive “can-do” skilled communicator, a professional with a personable demeanor and approachable manner – all are important pre-requisite qualities for the position.
- The Executive Chef evaluates the Job performance of culinary staff; coaches and counsels to ensure staff is on track. Rewards and disciplines staff in a fair and equitable manner.
- The Executive Chef participates in the budgeting process with the General Manager by providing market trends and pricing information. Once the culinary budget is reached, they work together and communicate alterations as required.
- He/she is competent in organizational and time management skills. The ability to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The Executive Chef needs to be present and walks the dining room and be seen by the membership.
- Ensures that the highest standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all food service areas.
- Annual food sales $2MM; Total F&B Sales $3MM.
- The Club currently has a 45% food cost with a food cost budget 45% with a sales mix of 60% A La Carte and 40% Banquet.
- There are 18 culinary staff and 3 stewards supported by a $955,000 Labor Budget.
- There are (2) Sous Chefs, (Senior Sous Chef with ten years tenure and second Sous Chef, both are strong) The Chef does the Purchasing.
- The Club supports one (1) Main Kitchen that management rates the condition as a 5 out of 5. (Note: A new A La Carte line is scheduled to be installed in January.)
- Montammy Golf Club has a 85,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse with 475 members whose average age is 54.
- The Club operates nine and a half (9.5) months annually and closed mid-December until March 1st. February 1st begin to prepare for opening. MGC is busiest from May – October.
- The Executive Chef reports to the General Manager and works closely with the Food & Beverage team, Private functions team, Maintenance and Accounting.
- The previous Executive Chef was with the Club for three seasons.
Dining: (A La Carte Outlets)
The Sports Bar – Country Club Casual with 150 seats serves lunch Tuesday – Sunday and dinner is Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Pool – Casual with 350 seats. serving Sunday – Saturday. Halfway House – serving breakfast and lunch Sunday – Saturday.
Private Parties/Member Events – The largest sit-down event the Club can accommodate is 600 guests (at one time). There are six (6) Private Rooms seating from 6 to 600 and there is a Private Rooftop Terrace which seats 75.
The compensation package includes a respectful base salary plus excellent benefits including a comprehensive medical insurance program; 401k program with employer matching contribution; vacation; professional development and dining allowances. Relocation allowance is available.
Interested individuals need to send a current resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information (a digital Portfolio is encouraged) Click Here to upload your information:
Work with Denise Zanchelli and Team DZA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career. Contact either Daniel Hugelier, CMC, Bill Schulz, MCM or Denise Zanchelli directly.
We welcome your reaching out and make a personal connection with TeamDZA by writing either
Daniel Hugelier, CMC, email@example.com or
Bill Schulz, MCM firstname.lastname@example.org or
Denise Zanchelli email@example.com