Another quality Executive Chef opportunity The Beach Club, presented by DZA
The Beach Club is a private, member owned, equity club located in Santa Monica, CA. The Club lies on the sands just north of the Santa Monica Pier, directly off of the famed PCH (Pacific Coast Highway). The BC is known for its outstanding staff and member culture, as well as its staff tenure and multiple generations of member families. The Club is a “home on the beach” to all who visit it, an extension of their living room and an escape from the hustle and bustle of life in LA. The pillars the Club were founded on in 1923 remain the heart of the Club today: Family, Athletics, Social and Community.
Special Note: With its 100th anniversary firmly in sight and a major aesthetic renovation and structural restoration of the classic “beach‐style” clubhouse just completed and enthusiastically received by the membership, the club will complete its $20 million “Heart of the House” renovation project in the summer of 2023, completely replacing the main kitchen area, grill kitchen area, main bar area, and staff areas” The new kitchen will feature dedicated A La Carte and Banquet lines with state-of-the-art equipment.
Position Specific: The Executive Chef is a key member of The Beach Club Leadership Team responsible for all culinary operations, to include execution, sanitation and administration/financial. The successful candidate is a working Chef who will lead a tenured team towards consistent, high-quality execution while simultaneously implementing new ideas and controlling costs. It is anticipated that the Chef will immerse him or herself in all that is BC culinary and leave his or her fingerprint on a la carte dining, member events and private events.
Management encourages the Chef to build a positive work-life balance while ensuring all duties are accomplished and expectations are met or exceeded. The EC is a Senior Manager responsible for attending all Staff Meetings and liaison with the Board and Committees as appropriate.
- Learn the Culture and Membership – Actively engage the community to learn Members names, families and dining preferences/ allergies.
- Transition into new Facilities – The new Executive Chef will organize, review all systems and develop standards and procedures to improve efficiencies and flow.
- Develop New Menus – The Executive Chef is expected to create new exciting menus. He/she will evaluate and improve the menu variety focusing on fresh farm-to-table and sustainable ingredients. Works with GM and AGM on pricing.
- Team Building- The Executive Chef will understand the depth of skill and knowledge among the current culinary team. He/she will cross train, mentor, and develop into even a higher performing team.
- Responsible for all food production; develops menus, food purchase specifications and recipes; supervises culinary staff; develops and monitors food and labor budgets for the department.
- Promotes a culture of “excellence everywhere,” ensuring that all food is consistently outstanding.
- Looks for continuous ways to improve the culinary operation, both quality and consistency, accepting feedback and input from both staff and members
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate recruitment, hiring, training and supervision takes place for all team members who work in the culinary department, while promoting a positive team environment.
- Educates the FOH team on menus and products, and works jointly with the FOH to refine systems, develop new standards where needed and further F&B as a key driver of Club activity.
- Leads, manages, and maintains financial controls of the Kitchen. Create budgets, forecasts, and P&L’s as necessary. Analyze and review financials and data as necessary.
- Responsible for enforcing the highest standards of sanitation and safety, and ensuring that all BOH staff approach the standards with the same level of care
- Total F&B estimated Sales $2.5 MM. (A la Carte $1.5MM & Private Events $1 MM.
- Annual combined food cost 42% with a sales mix of 65% a la carte and 35% banquet.
- There are 20 kitchen employees, and the new Chef will be tasked with recruiting and developing a team.
- The Club maintains one (1) main kitchen. The new Chef will have to work with Food Trucks initially and then is responsible for transitioning into the new facilities.
- The Executive Chef is supported by one (1) Executive Sous Chef.
- 42.000 Sq Ft. Clubhouse set on (2) two acres in the heart of on Santa Monica Beach.
- The Club operates twelve (12) months per year and operates (6 )days per week.
- The Executive Chef reports to the Assistant General Manager and works closely with the Beach Club Management Team
Dining: (Two A La Carte Dining Outlets)
BC Bistro – Serving lunch Wednesday, Friday’s and Saturday. Sunday Brunch and dinner service Wednesday through Sunday. Casual.
The Grill – Serving lunch Monday through Sunday. Casual
Private Events – The Club can accommodate small to medium size events. A 150/200 is considered a good size for the Club.
Club Events – The Club can accommodate large scale events as high as 1,000 people for holidays such as Fourth of July.
Summary: Management anticipates the Chef will immerse him or herself in all that is BC culinary; make a positive statement on a la carte dining, member and private events. This is a great opportunity for a Chef to make his or her mark on the profession. Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information (a digital Portfolio is encouraged) Click Here to upload your information:
Work with Denise Zanchelli and Team DZA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.
Contact Daniel Hugelier Bill Schulz or Denise Zanchelli directly at firstname.lastname@example.org