The Park Country Club was founded in 1903. They are very proud of our first one hundred years, and are now into their second “Century of Tradition.” In 1927 a notable Architect, Clifford C. Wendehack, who was also responsible for Winged Foot Country Club’s building, created a spectacularly beautiful and elegant clubhouse for The Park Country Club’s members and guests to enjoy.
At the same time, the exquisite golf course was designed and built by an equally renowned golf course architectural firm, Colt & Alison. The Park Country Club was the location of the 1934 PGA Championship, as well as numerous amateur events. The challenging and meticulously groomed golf course has stood the test of time. Though the course has been lengthened to nearly 7000 yards from the back tees to accommodate the effects of technology, its integrity of design has been preserved. The net result is that golfers at all levels are permitted a consistent and classic challenge on a meticulously groomed course.
The club offers 5 quality tennis courts and a fine swimming pool. The hallmark of the membership however, is not only the beautiful amenities but the special Member Events that are hosted incorporating all Members of the family. From Kids Events to Ladies Book Club, Holiday Celebrations, Social Hours, and of course various golf events for Juniors, Ladies, Couples and Men!
- Proven business sense capable of collaborating with F&B Team to establish monthly food sales budget and allocate labor for i.e., ala carte, private function, member events.
- Develop budget for all other F&B related expenses.
- Menu diversity, cost control; and ala carte consistency is imperative.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management department head meetings.
- Manages the employee meal program.
Position Specific: The Club will hire a talented culinary professional that will work well with the current team in place and implement culinary standards and programs that will dramatically increase member satisfaction. Food quality, consistency, menu variety and speed of service are key areas of focus upon joining the team. Exceptional skillset in a la carte operations required. The next EC must display a commitment to excellence on a daily basis.
The new EC will be passionate about food; keeps-up with the latest food trends and products and has the ability and knowledge to offer a superior product. In addition to being able to cook good food the EC needs to be creative in their menu writing in all areas and balance the menus between old Club favorites and the latest in cuisines that can compete with the finest restaurants. Oral and written communication skills should be strong as they are the face of the F&B team.
- The new EC is expected to restore consistency in the A la Carte operations.
- EC will evaluate staffing, improve labor control and provide recommendations for better utilization.
- EC will work with the Purchasing Agent to evaluate all products and cost to insure the Club is getting best value and quality.
- EC will rework and cost all menus to insure pricing reflects market and profitability.
- EC will create new menus to reflect greater variety and contemporary cuisine.
- Serves on the House Committee, and Social Committee as needed.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for kitchen staff.
- The EC is hands-on and cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Organized and detail-oriented with a passion for the profession.
- The ability to lead, motivate and mentor aspiring individuals throughout the organization.
- Hires, trains, supervise, schedules and evaluates the work of management staff in the food and pastry production departments.
- A skilled communicator, professional and personable demeanor and approachable manner are important pre-requisite qualities.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation that help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Ensures that the highest standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all food service areas at all times.
- The new EC will actively engage with the membership through walking the dining rooms, kids & adult cooking classes (four times per year) monthly newsletter etc.
- Competent in organizational and time management skills. The ability to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Annual food sales $1.9MM; Total F&B Sales $3.2MM: The Club subsidized F&B ($529,728) in the most recent fiscal year. The new Chef will be challenged to reduce this loss by $100,000.
- Annual combined food cost 40.9% with a sales mix of 40% a la carte and 60% banquet. Food cost goal 39.7%.
- There are 22 kitchen employees supported by an $853,674 labor budget.
- The Club maintains four (4) Kitchens – The Ala Carte Kitchen, Banquet Kitchen, Halfway House and Pool Snack Bar. Capital funds are available annually for equipment replacement.
- The EC is supported by two (2) Sous Chefs (Chef De Cuisine/Executive Sous) a Pastry Chef and Purchasing Manager.
- There is (1) one Clubhouses totaling 55,000 sq.ft. and supported by 560 members whose average age is 57.
- The Club operates twelve (12) months per year and operates 6 days per week. Busiest May – September/December.
- The EC reports to the General Manager/COO and works closely with Assistant Manager, F&B Manager, Catering Manager, Banquet & Member Events Manager and Membership Director.
- The current Chef was with the Club 9 years total/13 months as EC.
Dining Room – Casual with 80 seats. Dinner only served on Friday.
Grille Room – Casual with 75 seats, serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Tuesday through Sunday.
Runyan Room – Casual with 80 seats, serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Tuesday through Sunday.
Upper Terrace – Casual with 50 seats, serving Lunch & Dinner Tuesday through Sunday.
Men’s Locker Room – Casual with 35 seats, serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Tuesday through Sunday.
Banquets & Catering – The Club offer several different rooms that can accommodate a party up to 300 guests.
The Club offers a competitive compensation package including a base salary based on experience and skill, a progressive performance bonus, dining allowance, ACF dues and convention, health, employee paid dental & life insurance, 401k with match and other standard perks. Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information (a digital Portfolio is encouraged) in strict confidence. A Certified Executive Chef (CEC) is preferred. Click Here to upload your information:
Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.