Another quality Pastry Chef opportunity as Executive Chef with Carolina Country Club, Raleigh, NC by DZA
Carolina Country Club is a regarded club, established in 1910 and has remained at its original location since inception. The Club, as one of the nation’s best private clubs, recognized as a five-star Platinum Club by a respected industry survey of peer club managers and presidents and earned the designation of a distinguished Emerald Club of the World by Boardroom Magazine. The membership enjoys first class facilities in all areas including golf, tennis, wellness, youth activities, aquatics, and food and beverage service, with each area led by an experienced and talented group of managers and professionals.
Position Summary: The Carolina Country Club and their talented Executive Chef, Patrick Colley, is looking for an Executive Pastry Chef to set the standard for pastry/baking staff to maintain high quality and consistent member services. Club foodservice is scratch production, blending traditional and progressive offerings.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, a team player, career-minded and capable of producing the diversity required in a traditional club with progressive palates. The Pastry Chef needs to have passion for the profession and industry knowledge of best practices. The successful candidate will be a motivator who is committed to professionalism and staff development through hands-on training, coaching, and counseling.
The Executive Pastry Chef is a genuine craftsperson who sincerely understands the need for everything to be the ‘best possible’ – that a simple fresh roll is equally as important as a Wedding Cake. He/she should have a complete understanding of scratch baking and pastry production with proven knowledge of volume banquet production and detailed a la carte dessert service.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The position requires a strong organized leader who is committed to excellence in all matters. The right individual will be self-motivated, able to build a cohesive pastry team, possess a modern approach to team building and menu planning and continually offer unique and distinctive pastry experiences.
The Pastry department and overall kitchen have no major issues. The Chef needs a “Team Player” who is humble and has the ability to lead in his or her department. This individual should be responsible, hard-working, and creative with knowledge of Vegan, Gluten Free and allergy awareness. The preferred candidate will come from a high-volume quality operation with previous club experience.
- Develop, recommend, and produce daily/weekly dessert features along with custom designing private events and Club produced banquet offerings.
- Supply recipes for and suggest methods and procedures to pastry cooks and oversees employee skill development.
- Fashion table and pastry decorations, such as statuaries and ornaments, from sugar paste and icings.
- Work closely, communicate, and share information efficiently and daily with Executive Chef. Attend committee meetings as directed.
- Ensure continuity of communication and teamwork with front of the house management and staff.
- Be a good team-mate. Understand CCC operations and the challenges that member dining can present.
- Strong mental fortitude and ability to maintain composure in stressful and intense situations.
- Uphold the highest standards of sanitation and safety and ensure that all staff approach the standards with the same level of focus.
- The EPC should be visible to the members, occasionally walk the dining room and will listen to feedback and respond to questions accordingly.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The club offers an excellent bonus and benefit package including a $750 sign-on bonus after 60 days. The club fully supports ongoing education and participation in ACF competitions for its culinary staff. Inquiries: Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter and supporting information including pictures, menu examples, personal website, and more, all in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your information: