Another culinary career making opportunity as Executive Sous Chef with Crestmont Country Club, exclusively conducted by DZA.
Founded in 1922, the idea of Crestmont was born when the farmland it sits upon was first envisioned into a sanctuary for people to enjoy their interests. Today, the dream lives on as we celebrate this extraordinary setting in West Orange, New Jersey, where the member community revels in the area’s leading golf, recreation, dining, and social experiences.
Tucked away just far enough from city activity, where brilliant sunsets color the sky, Crestmont Country Club sprawls across 300 acres. At Crestmont, finding time to relish and delight in moments around the table is paramount to the club experience. The clubhouse features indoor and outdoor dining venues and two bars, offering countless ways to sip, taste and take in the vibrant surroundings, all while enjoying the company of family and friends. A collection of hand selected wines and specialty spirits perfectly complement the flavors, ambiance and lively social scene.
Position Specific: Crestmont Country Club and its talented Executive Chef is looking for a motivated and highly skilled Executive Sous Chef that understands some days you can be as creative as you can imagine and some days you just need to cook a perfect burger. The membership wants Instagram worthy food, and fun experiences through a creative food program. This individual should be a highly focused, one who truly enjoys work, meticulous in all things.
The position requires a strong organized leader who is committed to excellence in all matters. The right individual will be self-motivated, able to build a cohesive team, possess a modern approach to team building and menu planning and continually offer unique and distinctive dining experiences. The Executive Sous Chef will serve as a daily liaison between the Executive Chef and the overall kitchen and stewarding staff throughout all assigned departments.
Members appreciate the presentation of modern technique and presentation balanced with a repertoire of familiar favorites. Comfort foods are appreciated but not exclusively demanded. The magic is in the balance of available choices.
- Watch, Listen and Learn – There is no rush to effect change, it will evolve with the input from the entire management team.
- Get to know ‘The Team’ – The Executive Chef will understand the depth of skill and knowledge among the current culinary team.
- Staff Training – The Executive Sous Chef works with the Executive Chef to ensure all kitchen staff are trained and prepared.
- Develop Consistency – A current major concern are inconsistent plates. The ESC will be charged with creating consistency in the A La Carte operation. Develop plate diagrams, food photos and recipes and work with line cooks so that they are proficient and consistent.
- The Executive Sous Chef should be creative, be tough but fair, help create a food program that his/her team can accomplish and be proud of their work.
- Is an approachable leader – building an effective and efficient culinary team that bond together.
- Responsible for keeping the Executive Chef informed of all staff member or member related issues so that the issues may be dealt with immediately.
- Maintain a general awareness of inventory levels to facilitate timely utilization of surplus product, minimize waste and create prep and order lists.
- Assist in the preparation of efficient work schedules, task lists, order lists, repair lists and a la carte and special event menus.
- Track and submit weekly payroll data and honor other Human Resource responsibilities as required.
- Ensure all storage areas are clean, organized and utilize proper food storage techniques and item locations.
- Annual food sales $1.8MM; Total F&B Sales $2.5MM.
- The Club currently maintains a 40% food cost with a sales mix of 70% A La Carte and 30% banquet. Budgeted Food Cost – 40%
- The Size of Culinary Team that the Sous Chef will oversee is 15 supported by a $595,000 labor budget. The Chef does the purchasing.
- The Club supports (3) Kitchens, Clubhouse, Pool and on Golf Course. Management rates condition as a 4 out of 5. The Club will be moving some equipment around in the off season, but all in all the Main Kitchen is in good shape. Capital replacement plan in place.
- The Club has one (1) 65,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse with 360 members whose average age is 55.
- The Club operates (9.5) ten months annually. Operations are closed Mid-December through February. The busy months are April – October.
The Executive Sous Chef reports to the Executive Chef and works closely with other key management staff including the Assistant General Manager, Director of Food & Beverage, General Manager/COO and Human Resource Director.
Dining: (Two A La Carte Dining Outlets)
Donald Ross Grill – Casual with 120 seats, serving lunch and dinner Thursday through Sunday.
Outdoor Terrace – Casual Al Fresco with 100 seats, serving lunch and dinner Thursday through Sunday.
Take Out Food – Full Menu available.
Private Parties/Member Events – There are three (3) Private Rooms seating from 20 to 350. The largest sit down event the club can accommodate is 350.
“The clubhouse features indoor and outdoor dining venues and two bars, offering countless ways to sip, taste and take in the vibrant surroundings, all while enjoying the company of family and friends.”
A compensation package that will include a generous base salary and performance bonus. Benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, 401K with match, vacation, and ACF Dues. Relocation allowance is negotiable. Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information (a digital Portfolio is encouraged). Click Here to upload your information.
Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information (a digital Portfolio is encouraged) Click Here to upload your information:
Work with Denise Zanchelli and Team DZA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.
Contact Daniel Hugelier Bill Schulz or Denise Zanchelli directly at email@example.com