Executive Sous Chef
Des Moines Golf and Country Club stands proud in the community with it’s rich history of golf and community. The Club is a strong, outstanding organization, loyally supported by its largest membership in history, and enjoying one of the Midwest’s largest and most beautiful clubhouses.
DMGCC is looking for a passionate, organized and engaged career professional to work closely with the Club’s respected Executive Chef. This person assists the Executive Chef in fulfilling the daily needs of food operations, kitchen operations, staff training and performance, food and labor cost control, sanitation standards and menu development and implementation. Works closely with Assistant Clubhouse Managers and support staff to ensure that proper food and staff levels are coordinated to match club activities and events.
The club is revered in industry, both locally and nationally.
“Boardroom Magazine named Des Moines Golf & CC a Distinguished Club with Elite status”
“Locally recognized as a Top Workplace and Employer in Des Moines, IA”
- Annual food sales $2.6M; Total F&B Sales $3.5M+
- Annual combined food cost low 40% with a sales mix of 60% a la carte and 40% banquet.
- There are 22 kitchen employees supported by a $izable labor budget. Note: Club has a history of employee appreciation as evidenced by many long tenured employees and staff stability.
- The Club maintains three (3) Kitchens – The Main Kitchen serves all banquets and the small a la carte dining room. The 3-person kitchen serves a very busy casual dining room and the Cabana Kitchen serves the pool and tennis pavilion seasonally. An annual capital replacement/improvement plan is in place.
- There are two (2) Clubhouses supported by 1,570 members and a youthful average age is 52.
- The Club operates twelve (12) months per year and operates 6 days per week.
- Supervises: AM and PM Sous Chefs, Line Cooks and Dish Machine Operators.
“DMGCC recently announce that Boardroom Magazine named Des Moines Golf & CC a Distinguished Club with Elite status”
Dining Facilities Include: Three (3) Ala Carte Outlets
Continental Lounge – Casual Attire with 20 seats. Breakfast & Lunch service Tuesday through Sunday.
Candlelight Room– Upscale Casual Progressive, serving Dinner only Wednesday through Saturday with 75 seats.
Iowa Grille – Casual with 134 seats. Breakfast, Lunch & dinner service Tuesday through Sunday.
Banquets & Catering – The Club offers several un-paralleled venues for special occasions. The Ballroom can accommodate up to 200 guests for a seated dinner. Gage Room accommodates 32 and the Regency Room seats 48. The Club can accommodate up to 400 guests for a seated function.
The Club offers an extremely competitive compensation package including a base salary based on experience and skill, performance bonus, dining allowance, ACF dues and convention, health, dental & life insurance, 401k with match and other standard perks. Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information. A Personal Portfolio is encouraged) in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your information:
Interested? Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.