Another quality culinary career opportunity as Executive Sous Chef with Glen Ridge Country Club, Glen Ridge, NJ exclusively conducted by DZA.
Glen Ridge Country Club is a modern facility that was founded in 1894 and features amenities that are seamlessly blended into the sophistication of a classic country club with a family-friendly ambiance. Conveniently located in the heart of Essex County, it boasts stunning skyline views of Manhattan. The Club has completed a full-campus transformation and has been recognized as a “Club of the Year” by the New Jersey PGA for their exceptional golf programming. Glen Ridge Country Club features an extensive range of amenities, including an 18-hole 6,123-yard Par 71 championship golf course, a golf practice area and driving range, a pool facility, four Har-Tru tennis courts, and a fitness center. Glen Ridge Country Club also specializes in special events, including weddings, corporate functions, and golf outings.
Position Specific: Glen Ridge Country Club is looking for an Executive Sous Chef to take charge of creating unforgettable dining experiences for our members and guests. The Executive Sous will need to be dynamic, passionate, and an innovative professional who can lead the culinary team to new heights of excellence. As the Executive Sous Chef, you will play a crucial role in the mission to provide an exceptional dining experience across the multiple food venues. You will work closely with the Executive Chef Bill Crouse and the culinary staff to ensure the highest quality of food preparation and presentation.
The ideal candidate is a creative, genuine craftsperson who sincerely understands the need for everything to be the best possible.
Initial Focus for Executive Sous Chef:
- Build Rapport with Existing Culinary Team – Inspire the team and help build a strong culinary culture driven to excellence. Serve as Coach and Mentor. Assist with final stages of recruiting, onboarding, training, etc. Learn what motivates the team.
- Ensure Consistency and Processes in Daily Operations– Utilize strong culinary fundamentals in all cooking methods. Lead the team to do the same. Be a constant source of education and support.
- Implement and Enforce Kitchen Policies and Procedures – Become familiar with all Kitchen SOPs and Club policies and lead by example, train and mentor the team to ensure all team follows best example.
- Maintain a Clean, Sanitary, and Safe Work Environment – Follow and enforce all health codes, safety and sanitation practices.
- Foster an Environment of Positivity and Focus on the Goals of the Club. Exude positive and professional standards at all times. Foster a culture of ‘One Team – One Goal’ and strive for daily success.
An Opportunity To…
PARTNER: with the Chef in managing and overseeing daily kitchen operations, including food preparation. Production and plating.
COLLABORATE: with the culinary team to develop creative and seasonal menus that meet the diverse preferences of our Members/Guests.
BUILD: Supervise and train kitchen staff, ensuring adherence to quality standards, food safety regulations, and sanitation practices
ELEVATE: Ensure the efficient flow of food production, maintaining consistency in taste, quality. and presentation across all food venues. Implement and enforce kitchen policies and procedures, maintaining a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
MENTOR: Exhibit strong leadership skills, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment and promoting professional growth among team members.
Glen Ridge Is Looking For……
- EXPERIENCE: Proven experience as a Sous Chef or relevant role (5+ years) in high-volume country clubs, upscale dining establishments, luxury hotels, or fine dining restaurants.
- KNOWLEDGE: Extensive knowledge of culinary techniques. flavor profiles. and food presentation; passion for creativity and innovation.
- SKILLS: Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team, providing clear direction and guidance. Excellent organizational and time management skills, capable of prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- FOCUS: Ability to adapt and thrive under pressure while maintaining attention to detail and high-quality standards.
- COMMUNICATION: Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact /collaborate with the Executive Chef, culinary team, service staff, and other departments, ensuring clear and concise information flow.
- PERSONALITY: Resourceful, high-energy. and proactive in addressing challenges, with the ability to make informed decisions quickly and maintain composure in high stress situations.
- EDUCATION: A degree in Culinary Arts/Management or a related field is preferred.
- Annual food sales at $2M; total F&B Sales $3M
- The Club currently maintains a 42% food cost as budgeted.
- Overall sales mix is 35% a la carte and 65% banquets.
- There is one (1) 30,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse with 590 members whose average age is 54.
- There are three (3) well-maintained kitchens. The 1894 a la carte kitchen, the Main level kitchen and the main level snack bar kitchen.
- Management rates the kitchen a 4 out of 5. A Capital Replacement Plan is in place.
- There are 18 kitchen staff including the stewards.
- Club is open 10.5 months of the year. The Club is closed January 2 to February 13.
- The Executive Sous Chef reports to the Executive Chef and will interact with the Director of Food & Beverage, the Dining Room Manager and the Director of Events.
The 1894 Restaurant – Casual dining. Serves as the Club’s main restaurant. 140-230 seats with indoor and outdoor dining serving lunch and dinner Wednesday – Sunday
Tiki Bar – Pool-Side Dining with 72 seats serving lunch and dinner Wednesday – Sunday.
Pool Snack Bar – Casual with 40 seats, serving lunch and dinner Monday – Sunday.
Pro Shop Snack Bar – Casual Patio with 28 seats, serving lunch and dinner, Mondaty – Sunday.
Halfway House – Casual with 25 areas serving breakfast and lunch Monday – Sunday.
Private Parties/Member Events – The Club has four (4) Private Rooms with a seating capacity from 16 to 200 guests. The largest sit-down event the Club can accommodate is 200 guests.
A compensation package that will include base salary and performance bonus. Benefits include medical insurance, life & dental insurance, 401K, vacation and ACF Dues. A relocation allowance is available. Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information (a digital Portfolio is encouraged) by Clicking Here to upload your information:
Work with Denise Zanchelli and Team DZA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.
Contact Daniel Hugelier, CMC, Bill Schulz, MCM or Denise Zanchelli directly.