Executive Sous Chef, WESTWOOD COUNTRY CLUB
Westwood Country Club is a premier family-oriented athletic club that provides a variety of quality services and activities for the recreation and dining needs of members.
The Westwood Club, established in 1955, has been owned and operated by its members since 1957. The original home that houses the Club masterfully blends the charm of early 1900’s architecture, picturesque surroundings and modern expansions to create a facility unique among Austin clubs. At the heart of the complex is the McClendon home, a medieval French mansion built in 1925 by Judge and Mrs. James W. McClendon. Its flagstone walkways, Mexican tile floors, hand painted ceilings, and native rock fireplace offer ambiance to special events.
Position Summary: Serve as “second-in-command” of the kitchen. Assist the Executive Chef in food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the Club. Supervise food production staff, assist with food production tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained. This is an exempt, salaried position; hours will vary based on scheduled events.
The Club is looking to hire a proven Sous Chef level professional capable to lead, manage, and motivate a 20-person team to achieve the standards set by the Executive Chef and management. This is a working position, creating weekly specials, high end wine and chef table dinners, and special events. Flexibility in job duties is a must. If you are a polished professional who is motivated, energetic, and eager to learn and grow in a caring and respectful environment.
Primary Functions and Duties:
- Assist Executive Chef in leading and directing the food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the Club.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary environment to ensure compliance with local and state health codes, and for the safety of our members, guests and employees
- Prepare and cook all food according to recipes and guidelines established by the Executive Chef
- Supervise the daily preparation of soups, sauces and specials to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing and portion sizes are as prescribed by the standardized recipes
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef; supervises subordinates.
- Note: During COVID guidelines are that all food is served in carry-out containers, even in dining rooms.
- Annual food sales at $1.8M; total F&B Sales $2.3M
- The Food cost is 39% with a sales mix at 50% ala carte and 50% banquets.
- There are 28/32 total kitchen employees supported by a $1.1M Labor Budget.
- The Club has (3) three kitchens; the Court 7 Grille, Lakeview Café and Main Kitchen in Clubhouse to be completed October 2020.
- The Club is supported by 1,200 members; average age is mid 50’s.
- The Club operates twelve (12) months.
- The Executive Sous Chef is expected to visit tables and be generally visible as time allows and especially during member events, Wine Dinners, Chef Tables and Holiday Brunches.
Facilities include Four Ala Carte Dining Outlets
Dining Room – Upscale w/132 seats. Lunch & Dinner, Tues – Sun
Bar/Lounge – Upscale w/74 seats. Lunch & Dinner, Tues – Sun
Court 7 Grill – Casual w/30 plus seats. B/L/D, Mon – Sun
Lakeview Café – Casual w/150 seats, Lunch & Dinner (Seasonal)
The Club has (5) Private Rooms seating from 24 to 120
The Club offers a compensation package including a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and skill, ACF dues, health & life insurance and 401k. Only qualified and genuinely Interested individuals should send your resume, portfolio, a well-conceived cover letter, and supporting information in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your information:
Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.