Carolina Country Club is a highly respected and recognized as one of the premiere country clubs in America. The club has a distinguished history in the Raleigh, NC, community for providing its members and guests gracious hospitality, quality facilities and amenities.
Organized in 1910, the Club today offers membership impressive grounds, athletic offerings and clubhouse facilities for year round enjoyment for all ages. Facilities include golf, fitness and swimming centers along with a remarkable clubhouse with various dining outlets and private party rooms, all providing the club’s diverse membership with opportunities for social interaction and remarkable food services. The Club’s professional staff strives to provide exceptional experiences without compromise. Foodservice programing is a thoughtful blend of regional and club favorites coupled with progressive offering, ultimately wildly appreciated and supported by membership.
Carolina Country Club is in search of an engaged, highly motivated and skilled professional that is technically diverse & modern in abilities, one mature and capable of leading the Club’s Pastry program as its Pastry Chef. Club foodservice is scratch production, blending traditional and progressive offerings and led by a nationally regarded Executive Chef, Patrick Colley. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and a team player; career minded detail-oriented and capable of producing the diversity required in a traditional club with progressive palates. Essential Expectations, Accountabilities and Attitude include:
- Complete understanding of scratch baking and pastry production with proven knowledge of volume banquet production and detailed a la carte dessert service.
- Capable of Managing an essential department, supported by three assistants, producing all required freshly produced a la carte and banquet products.
- Develop, recommend and produce daily/weekly dessert features along with custom designing private events and club produced banquet offerings. Enjoys promoting the craft and the department.
- Manage production of daily breads, breakfast pastries, cookies, candies and a retail pastry case. Plated desserts, event desserts and buffet pieces for themed and holiday events along with other regional and club specialties.
- Manage an evolving selection of cookies, “mignardise” and complimentary “Bites” program.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef sourcing, forecasting and managing the purchase of all related foodstuff including dry goods, perishables and specialties items.
- Prior experience required, minimally as a pastry sous-chef at a busy, top quality hotel, resort or club is essential. Formal culinary school or apprenticeship education also required.
- Must have schedule flexibility and willingness to work both AM/PM shifts as required.
- Strong command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing.
- Must fully comply with Carolina Country Club rules and regulations for the safe, efficient operation of the Club’s facilities and behavior protocols.
Inquiries: Interested individuals should send resumes, a well-conceived cover letter and supporting information including pictures, menu examples, personal website, and more, all in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your information: