Jupiter Island Club, Hobe Sound, FL, is a full-service private club located on a barrier island off the coast of Florida, bounded by the Indian River to the West, the Atlantic Ocean to the East, a wildlife refuge to the North and Blowing Rocks Preserve to the South. JIC is recognized as one of the finest residential retreats in America. The Jupiter Island Club has a long tradition of providing exceptional dining experiences.
JIC is in search of a motivated, highly-skilled, technically diverse and current professional to lead the Club’s Pastry Program. Club foodservice is scratch production, progressive in its offerings and led by a highly regarded Olympian Executive Chef, Joe Albertelli, CEC. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and a team player, career minded, detail-oriented and capable of producing the diversity required in a traditional Club with progressive palates. This individual should be a focused individual who identifies the need to be an active engaged professional within an existing team of department heads who support and challenge each other. A pastry visionary structured with one foot on a solid foundation of traditional standards and out in front on the cutting edge of the profession. Should possess a sincere and effortless desire to provide incredible hospitality with the ability to instill the same in the pastry team.
- The role of the Pastry Chef is to set the standard for pastry employees to maintain high quality and consistent member services. Has knowledge of the industry and best practices.
- The successful candidate will be a motivator committed to professionalism and staff development through hands-on training, coaching, and counseling.
- A creative, genuine craftsperson who sincerely understands the need for everything to be the best possible, that serving ice cream, or a BLT is equally as important as fine dining.
- Skilled at motivating and directing a team of five (5).
- Complete understanding of scratch baking and pastry production with proven knowledge of volume banquet production and detailed a la carte dessert service.
- Develop, recommend, and produce daily/weekly dessert features along with custom designing private events and Club produced banquet offerings. Enjoys promoting the craft and the department.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef sourcing, forecasting, and managing the purchase of all related foodstuff including dry goods, perishables, and specialty items.
- Must comply fully with JIC rules and regulations for the safe, efficient operation of the Club’s facilities and behavior protocols.
- Will understand and embrace Club Policies and Procedures by studying handbooks, interaction with HR and observing culture.
- Manage the team and production of macaroons, chocolate chip and other cookies, doughnuts, croissants, muffins, pie shells, and pastries of all kinds, as well as all special occasion cakes.
- Learn by assessing Pastry operations and SOP’s.
- Review current Pastry areas; Identity and determine what areas can be improved. Discuss opportunities with Executive Chef.
- Recognize the needs of “a whole season” by observing and noting shared thoughts, opinions, and ideas. Maintain a daily diary/log, recording business patterns and historical references, developed in part by asking a lot of questions to fully understand.
- Annual food sales at $3.4MM; total F&B sales $5.1MM w sales mix of 67% à la carte, 33% private events.
- The Club maintains four kitchens and separate Pastry Kitchen.
- The Pastry Chef is supported by a team of four (4).
- There are four (4) Clubhouses supported by 425 members whose average age is 74.
- The Club is open 8 months per/year and closes June-September.
- The Pastry Chef reports to the Executive Chef and works with the F&B Manager, F&B Office, Purchasing Manager, Human Resource Director, CFO and maintenance.
Chef’s Cupboard and Wine Shop – Casual and informal foodservice including coffees and grocery/wine market for members and their guests.
River Grill – Casual, seating for 50 guests, serving dinner five days per week.
Main Club Dining Room – Formal, seating for 125 serving dinner only two days per week.
Main Club Room – Casual, seating for 75 serving breakfast only seven days per week.
Golf House – Seating for 150 serving lunch only seven days per week.
Ocean Grill – Seating for 200 serving lunch & dinner five/six days/ wk.
Snack Bar – Seating for 150 -800 serving lunch seven days per week.
Private Rooms – 8 with seating capacity from 20 to 150 guests. Tent Structure usage and in closed facility usage, JIC has 10 – 15 annual events for 250 to 350.
The Club offers a very attractive compensation plan including a competitive base salary, based on experience and skill, plus a performance bonus based upon achieving pre-discussed goals. Industry dues and Convention, health & life insurance, 401(k) with matching contribution and other standard perks. Relocation allowance available. Interested individuals should send a personal portfolio, a well-conceived cover letter and supporting information, which will be held in strict confidence. Click Here to upload your information:
Work with DMA, a team of proven culinary professionals to help advance your career.